Thursday, December 08, 2005



I keep finding out that I’m not a big fan of the holiday season. It always seems that I have way too much to do, no real time to do it in, and never get to see the people that I really want to see anymore.

Part of it is negative associations because of things in the past, part of it is being so busy, being expected to be all happy, etc. Toss in the assorted and miscellaneous stresses of the day and you have a recipe for an unhappy, moderately irritable swordsman.

To top it off, I’m going stir crazy. The world is working on dropping a metric buttload of snow in the area and cooped up in the house is really not somewhere I need to be at the moment.

Hopefully I’ll be able to get out for a little bit tomorrow. I need the break from the stress even if I do just go for a walk around town.

In other news, it seems that one of my favorite instructors from my alma mater has retired. I wondered how long it was going to take him after his heart attack a couple of years ago. Vic, when I move back there, you and I are going to have to go out for a drink. Here’s to hoping that you don’t go crazy now that you don’t have to worry about all of us bratty undergrads =]

Current mood: blah
Current music: Genesis – tonight tonight tonight

1 comment:

Karyl said...

You need to be cooped up in MY house! :P At least then you wouldn't be stir crazy alone. We could drive each other nuts! lol