Monday, November 13, 2006


I spent the weekend with Karyl. I think I needed the time away, even if I wasn’t in the best of moods while I was there. I’ve had a lot on my mind lately, and a distraction from that, even for the space of a movie at a time (and there were a lot of movies) was very welcome.

I think I’ll be in a better mood when certain things get straightened out. For the moment though, I deal.

In other news, according to w3.org, the web is 16 today.

Funny to think that I’ve been on it for over 10 of that not counting the times I was on the net at my friends’ houses.

I fondly remember the times back then, surfing on Frankenstein (so named because of all of the mods I made to it) at a blazing 28.8. The squeal of the modem, the slow image load times, the disconnects at the worst times.

Yet, for all of that, I cherish the memories. I think it was more for the people involved (some of which are still good friends of mine) than it was for the technology, though I admit that the sense of doing something new was nice as well.

Here’s to all of my old net-friends out there, wherever you are. If any of you come across this, please feel free to leave a note. I’d love to hear from you.

Current mood: moody
Current music: Madonna – Die Another Day

No comments: