Important things that most companies need to learn.
(In no particular order)
- The customer is NOT always right.
- Always back the people who report to you if the customer (or whoever is attacking them) is wrong.
- Always maintain your integrity.
- Remain even handed and level headed.
- It is alright to lose a customer to maintain your integrity or if they become a real problem.
- Low cost is not always the best policy – you can be cheap, high quality, or have good service. Pick two at the most. Option one often has to be chosen alone.
- You are a part of your community. ACT LIKE IT.
- The people on both sides of the sale are important. Treat your employees with contempt and they will leave on the first chance they get.
- If your company has a bad reputation, it is probably deserved. Examine yourself honestly and find out why. After you know the reason, FIX IT.
- Don’t shoot the messenger.
- Value honest, constructive criticism.
- Be open to new ideas.
- Realize that some ventures fail and accept it.
- Be wary of people who advocate going after the quick buck at the expense of long term goals.
- Plans should cover short, medium, and long term goals and have some sort of backup strategy.
Current mood: annoyed
Current music: Tears for Fears – Break it down again