Tuesday, January 08, 2008


End of an Era.

I got an email last night that Dolores Russ, Wife of Fritz Russ, the people after whom the Russ College of Engineering at Ohio University was named, has died.

Her husband died several years ago and now she’s gone as well. It’s not an unexpected event as they both lived long, full lives, but it’s still kind of weird, almost like the end of an era.

I never got to meet them personally, but I have known several members of the family since Fritz was from the area I grew up in. In fact, one of their family members had a farm not far from my family’s. In addition, I was awarded the scholarship they funded during my freshman year, so the family does mean something to me.

Here’s to the both of you. You’ve done quite a bit here, and now it’s time to see what comes next for you.

Current mood: calm
Current music: AFI – The Killing Lights

No comments: