Tuesday, November 22, 2005



I now feel old...

Comment from hack-a-day: "That's kind of cool, never heard of a computer using audio tape before."

Some of the first computers I ever used had programs that loaded from audio tape. In fact, it was also really the only way to save information on them. I wasn't around for punchcards and paper tape, but someone saying that they've never *heard of* a computer using audio tape input makes me feel old.

Granted, most of the people who comment there seem to be kids, but still. I'm only 25. I shouldn't feel old yet lol

At least not from a tech standpoint. There are other reasons that I find acceptable for feeling old at this point, but that's not one of them...

2 comments:

Karyl said...

Oh, is THAT what my dad meant when he said he thinks the computer I was borrowing had a tape drive? lol

Anonymous said...

One word.. Great! Two words.. Very awesome!