1 ½c Flour plus extra for dusting1tsp Dry active yeast
¼c Grated Parmesan cheese
1Tbsp Italian Seasoning
1Tbsp Garlic powder
2Tbsp Olive oil plus extra for coating
Grated cheese (Mozzarella, Colby Jack, etc - optional)
- Combine dry ingredients except optional grated cheese in a large mixing bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Add 2Tbsp olive oil and enough hot water to make a pliable dough.
- Turn dough out onto floured surface and kneed dough.
- Roll dough into a ball, coat with olive oil and place in bowl covered with a towel for 1 hour so dough can rise to approximately double its original size.
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Punch down dough and roll out to a size of approximately 8”x9” and place on baking sheet, pizza pan, or cast iron skillet
- Brush surface with olive oil, cover with towel and allow to rest in a warm place for 10 minutes
- Cut dough into 8 horizontal slices, while maintaining the loaf’s shape
- Cover dough with grated cheese (if using) and place in oven for 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the bread comes out clean