Tuesday, September 20, 2005


Having kicked the funk mentioned in the last post, I think I have actually started to accomplish a few things. Add to that the fact that LinuxFest is in a couple of weeks and my mood has improved a bit.

I’m rather looking forward to LinuxFest. It’s a chance to get out of the house, possibly learn a few interesting things and meet other people in my field.

Before you start thinking I’m a Linux zealot, I’m not. I’m more of a “right tools for the job” person. I’ve used DOS since version 3, pretty much every Windows variant out there, Solaris, Mac (before OSX), various flavors of Linux, and assorted and sundry other things. In fact, at the moment, I primarily use the Windows partition on my laptop because the wireless card that I have isn’t supported by Linux.

But, to get back on track, I am looking forward to the 1st of October. Hopefully it will be an enjoyable day and possibly bring the chance of finding a full time position with a company since most of the people there will be technical and not the HR people who like to block me because I don’t have the right mix of alphabet soup and don’t want to lie on my resume. =]

No comments: