Wednesday, December 28, 2005



It was nice and warm today. In Ohio, at the end of December, this is pretty rare. It had to be at least in the 50’s, so I decided to get out of the house for a little while and go for a walk around the park before getting back to work again. (the upside/downside of working at home. You can nip off for an hour or so to take a break, but sometimes it feels like you never leave work)

Walking to the car, I noticed that it was a little dark, so I figured that there might be a shower. Not a big deal, I have the umbrella in the car.

Fast forward a bit.

Walking around the park, I feel a raindrop, so I start to pull out the umbrella.

Drip.

Drip.

DELUGE!

Queue the high winds, lightning ripping through the sky, parts of the trees around me crashing to the ground (nothing other than the rain hit me, thankfully) and the rest of the Gods Are Angry ™ stuff. I’m a good 5-10 minutes from the car thanks to the now muddy ground, the wind, and my newfound parasail (formerly known as an umbrella).

I finally get back to the car, completely soaked and a bit less than happy. Let’s put it this way – the jeans I wore were fairly baggy and I had to peel them off of me.

This has to be the first time I’ve seen a thunderstorm at the end of December for quite a while.

I got home and the cat looked at me like “what are you doing back? You just left…” But, at least I’m relatively dry now.

Oh, one more thing – Wilson’s Leather leather protector is a wonderful thing. It has saved my nice suede jacket from several storms and even a bit of blood. I highly recommend it.

Current mood: damp
Current music: Coheed and Cambrian – the suffering

No comments: