Sunday, June 11, 2006



To whomever has used my domain name in their return address for spam emails,

I’d love to find you so I could beat you to death with a large, heavy blunt object.

I check my mail today and find 50+ “returned” emails from addresses that have bounced. None of the addresses I saw were ones that I had ever emailed in the past and the email addresses that were listed as being from my domain don’t exist.

Thinking I may have been hit with a worm for the first time ever, I run a scan. Four hours later, I find that the machine is completely clean. Yes, it takes this laptop four hours to run a full antivirus and spyware scan because of the insane number of files on it even though it’s a 2.4ghz machine.

So basically, this cost me ¼ of my day so that the only thing I could do here was read or watch television because it was raining and unpleasant outside.

Current mood: annoyed
Current music: Yellowcard – Lights and Sounds

1 comment:

Karyl said...

Oh good so somebody had to have actually decided specifically to put your domain in by hand.

I have a theory as to where they may have found you.... just because it's the one place you frequent where I know some idjit might stoop to that. :P

mmm, ramble. Need to stop replying to people when I'm tired.