Saturday, July 21, 2007


/dev/random

There are a lot of things that I could write about at the moment, but I really don’t feel like ranting right now. Most of them involve local issues, so I doubt many people who read this will really care about them anyway, and to be quite honest, I’m to the point of beating my head against the desk over it, so I really don’t want to think about it.

Instead, I think I’ll just cover randomness that’s going on or running through my head. (No, you don’t have to run away in fear)

* It seems that Google has been lobbying Congress to get the H1-B cap raised because they’re “having trouble finding qualified people” while saying that their drop in earnings is because they’ve been on a hiring binge. I’m sorry, but that sounds like a steaming pile of something unpleasantly fragrant to me.

We can’t find qualified people, but we’re hiring right and left? Yeah right. Admit it, boys. You broke your “do no evil” motto a long time ago. I didn’t want to work for you before and I certainly don’t now.

* The editor of the local paper doesn’t seem to care for me anymore. It just might have something to do with calling him on his attempted bullying (and got him to back peddle like mad) of the message board when people started speaking out against a partnership between the city government and the chamber of commerce to expedite building permits.

The thing that really galled him, I think, is the fact that I didn’t fall for him trying to change his arguments (and twist mine) into something that he had a snowball’s chance of winning. (I would love for him to try to pull a “I am the editor of a newspaper” showboating contest because there are things that he doesn’t know about me =])

Sorry, folks, but the Chamber in this town treats non-member businesses like dirt. I wouldn’t trust them with this as far as I could comfortably spit a large rat, because what it would amount to is the member businesses getting a fast track on permits.

* I seem to be getting frighteningly handy with a seam ripper.

* And on a completely random note, I would love to see someone who can pull off the Witch Hunter Robin look. No, it’s not because of any weird fetish. I just think that it would be a really cool look on someone that could pull it off (and it wouldn’t be that easy to pull it off).

Current music: none
Current mood: tired

No comments: